Clairsentience (or psychometry) is the ability to hold an object or touch someone and sense the energy surrounding that person or thing.
When you are near a person, you feel their energy. If someone stands too close, you feel uncomfortable because their energy is within your own. If you are not close enough, sometimes you can feel you can’t communicate with them as well. This is a natural intuitive ability to read energy. You do it every day, with strangers and loved ones. You even do it with objects.
Do you have a favorite item? Maybe it was a blanket when you were little. Maybe you have pillow or statue that now brings you comfort to be near. A photo perhaps? It is not the object that you are connecting with as much as the energy around it. Things, just like people hold memories and feelings. You can feel this if you pay attention to any object or person. And it is the paying attention part that brings us to the art of clairsentience.
- When you begin your reading, ask for an item or photo. If needed, simply the person’s hand to hold.
- Hold the object in your hands.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, relaxing your body and clearing your mind.
- What do you feel? What images appear in your mind?
- Begin expressing what comes to you, and as you do you may find more emerges.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about what you’re seeing, hearing or feeling.
- Continue to share and ‘tune in’ to the object as long as you feel is needed.
- If the owner of the object wishes, they may ask questions about it or the person it was left by. You may receive more clarity or messages at this time.
- When you are finished, bless the object by thanking it for being of service. You may send healing into the object or person if asked to. This can clear out any negative energies around it or the relationship and heal old wounds.
- For best results, try this exercise with someone once a week for several weeks. You will find your ability to read the object become more clear and vivid!
Be sure to listen to the person you are reading. If the item you read is connected with a passed on loved one, they may have an emotional response. Show them you care by letting them talk. Give them a hug at the end of the session, and thank them for allowing you to be part of their grieving process. It is a gift!